CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Booger



Aaron grew up a "dog person". Our family was pretty big so adding a dog to the mix would have just been too much, so I never had a dog. My brother, John, got his wife a yellow lab puppy while they were dating. I instantly fell in love. Shortly after they got married, while they were living in North Richland Hills, they decided they were going to breed her. I knew that I needed one of those puppies and Aaron would be the perfect Puppy Daddy to share that with. It took about 5 minutes to convince Aaron that getting a puppy was a good idea (as I said, hes a dog person). After the decision was made that we would get a puppy the hard part started, what in the world to name her. I am not exaggerating when I say that this almost caused us to break up. My choices were sweet names like Bella (this was before Twilight), or Texa (I wanted to name a boy dog Tex, so I thought just making it a girly Tex would work). Aaron was having none of that. He wanted to name her things like Jalapeno. Can you imagine?? HERE JALAPENO! SIT JALAPENO... I dont think so!! This eventually led to the biggest argument Aaron and I ever had, eventually leading up to me crying (not a rare occurence I might add). I dont quite remember exaclty how it happened but out of no where the name "Caddie" was brought up, like a golf caddie. This was just girly enough and just goofy enough for both of us. So thank goodness, our puppy had a name ( I might add this was 2 months before she was even born).




So, in August of 2006 I was visiting Aaron in Rancho Cucamonga, California and I got a call from my brother... THE PUPPIES WERE COMING!! I was so excited, I couldnt believe I was about to be a Puppy Momma. Aaron was playing in High Desert that night so while I sat and watched the game, John and Terri would call me everytime another puppy was born.




The puppies stayed at John and Terri's for a few weeks and then they took them out to Terri's parents house in Snyder where they had more room to run around since they were pretty big puppies. Not long after Aaron got back from baseball for the off season he met John and Terri in Big Spring to pick up our little girl. After a little mix up and a second trip to Big Spring, we finally had OUR puppy, although, I wouldnt get to see her for a few weeks.




Caddie made quite a few moves over the next few months, living in Midland and Houston and visiting College Station and Little Rock, she was a wonderful puppy! We left her in Houston while I was in school and Aaron was playing baseball and my mom raised her for us. I have never known another dog like Caddie. I'm still not sure if it is Caddie or if it was the way my mom trained her but she is so smart. My mom is kind of a clean freak so when it was wet outside on the grass (every morning) she taught Caddie that she had to wait and have her feet dried off before she could come in the house. This became such a habit for Caddie that once we had moved back to Midland and were living with Aarons parents, she wouldnt come through the Doggie Door when her paws were wet.




Caddie has been such a fun part of our lives and such a great learning experience. I cant imagine life without her! she is too special.













0 comments:

Post a Comment