CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 12, 2010

Marriage is what brings us together today...

Well, not today, but it brought us together December 29th, 2007. That was one of the best days of my entire life. I have never felt so blessed and so loved. It was such an exciting experience to have so many people coming in from so many different places just to celebrate us! We had visitors from California, Iowa, Missouri, Tennessee, and ALL OVER Texas! It was such a wonderful weekend.


Since I had a year to plan, I had a year to stress over every single detail. Thankfully, my Mom is the most amazing woman in the entire world. She spend countless hours sitting at the computer searching for different things to decorate with, or different ideas. Without her, I honestly don't know what I would have done. She really should be a professional wedding planner. She made every single part of the day absolutely perfect for me (and Aaron).


For the most part the day went off without a hitch. I do have a couple favorite parts though. So, here are my top 5 favorite things from my wedding day.


5. Aaron's Grooms Cake - Picking out our cakes was the one thing that Aaron had a very specific "vision" about. He knew exactly what he wanted and it turned out amazing.




4. My dress was also one of my favorite things! My mom and I are pretty much professional shoppers. We have done a lot of it in my 24 years with her. We went to Weddings by Debbie in Houston, and as soon as we started walking around I saw MY dress. It was the first one we picked up and the first one I put on. It could have been the only one I put on as far as I was concerned but we knew I couldn't just try on one dress. Where was the fun in that? So, while we waited for my Dad to come to the store to see the dress and make sure he approved we played around and tried on some more. When I came out of the dressing room in my dress and my Dad teared up I knew for sure without a doubt that it was the dress I was going to be married in.

3. Our wedding party. They were INCREDIBLE! I'm not sure if there was anything that they wouldn't have done for us that weekend. From driving 15 hours to get there, to getting up at 7:00 a.m. to get their hair done, to dancing into the reception to "Walk It Out", to making a baseball bat arch for us to leave through. They were fabulous and we were so thankful and lucky to have them in our lives.






2. My Maid of Honor. Yes, she falls into the category with the wedding party but she is the most amazing girl I know. She is my cousin, Michelle. We were not lucky enough to live close to each other as she grew up in California and I grew up in Texas but she has always been such a special part of my life. I am so happy that her (and the rest of her family... her brother was an usher) were able to come to the wedding, and that she was able to be such a big part of it.




1. Falling and getting a HUGE grass stain up the front of my dress 2 hours before I was supposed to walk down the aisle. No, this was not my favorite part of the day at the time. But, looking back this was one of the unique quirks that made it OUR wedding. I am a klutz and always have been. Aaron has always made fun of me for it, so it was typical for me. The groomsmen made me feel much better by telling me we were just going with the baseball theme and it looked like I had made a great catch playing center field or something. So, at the time I wasn't thrilled, but now I can look back and laugh .



There were many other things that stand out to me as favorite things. Like my center pieces. My mom and I worked for hours and hours to come up with something that would be both beautiful and different from normal center pieces. The candles made the room light up just perfect and the coffee made it smell amazing! Another favorite was my best friend Ember "Catching the bouquet". She made quite an attempt to catch it as gracefully as possible, however, it ended badly with her flat on her hiney on the dance floor. Thank goodness she was a trooper though and doesn't mind me reliving it numerous times on our wedding video.


Finally, one of my other favorite things was just the whole experience! From the planning to the day of, its was wonderful. My mom and I sat down right after Aaron and I got engaged and talked about the fact that this was going to be a once in a lifetime experience so instead of getting upset or worked up or stressed out, we were just going to take our time and enjoy it. I loved every last second I got to spend with my parents planning the wedding and am grateful beyond words for everything they did to make it a perfect day for us. They went above and beyond anything I ever though possible! So... thanks Mom and Dad!

Here are just a few more pictures from our special day. Thanks to everyone that was there... 3 years later! :)













1 comments:

emberelise

Can I just say that I had not broken in my shoes and THAT is what caused me to slip....I didn't start drinking heavily until after I bruised my butt.....lol!

Post a Comment