CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Dating Years

Aaron and I had a very interesting "courtship" so to say. Before we got married, I believe the LONGEST we were in the same place at the same time was for about a month (and that is being very generous since I cant remember back that far.) Although, Aaron was the one doing all the traveling since he was playing minor league baseball at the time. While we dated, Aaron "lived" (I use the term lived lightly, unless you honestly consider 6 weeks living somewhere) in:


-Dallas, Texas
-Little Rock, Arkansas
-Rancho Cucamonga, Californi
-Midland, Texas
-Salt Lake City, Utah


While he was "living" in those places he also managed to travel to:


-San Antonio, Texas
-Corpus Christi, Texas
-Tulsa, Oklahoma
-Wichita, Kansas
-Springfield, Missouri,
-Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Colorado Springs, Colorado
-Las Vegas, Nevada
-Tacoma, Washington
-COUNTLESS cities in California


Needless to say, most days I had to look at a schedule to try to remember where he was and what time zone he was in. Although I'm making it sound horrible, it was the most fun we have ever had. We met such wonderful people (2 of which were actually in our wedding) and were able to experience so many exciting things and interesting places.


When Aaron wasnt playing baseball he made a point to come visit me (or have me go visit him) as much as possible. We wore out the road between College Station and Dallas. He came for a couple sorority parties, and luckily (for me) he never missed a birthday. I'm sure everyone I went to school with was just sure that I was making up this "boyfriend" of mine who was never around.


I'm sure that kind of lifestyle is not for everyone, but it worked for us! I'm not pretending that it was all rainbows and sunshine. We had some tough times, one time I even broke up with him! But, apparently I wasnt very good at it since I had never done it before, and he didnt know we were broken up until I told him I wanted to get back together. Thank goodness for him I guess. I'm sure if he knew he would have cried his pretty eyes out.

Since I am 4 1/2 years younger than Aaron, I was much younger than most of his friends that he played ball with also. The first season we dated I do not believe I had a name to most of the guys. They just referred to me as "the kid". (ex: "Hey, AP, when is the kid coming to visit", "Hey, do you and the kid want to go eat with us") Luckily I had grown accustomed to being made fun of from growing up with 3 brothers so it never slowed me down. A lot of the time I ended up bringing most of the jokes on myself. Like the time I drove to San Antonio to watch a series, and it just so happened to be the first time I had ever driven on the highway. I went right to Aarons hotel room where about 6 other guys were sitting playing video games and proudly announced ... "I DROVE ON THE HIGHWAY ALL BY MYSELF!" This was not Aaron's proudest moment.



So this went on from February of 2005 to December 12, 2006, which just so happened to be the most exciting day of my life up to that point,but we will save that story for another time!








Aaron and I on a "fancy" dinner in Salt Lake City (Summer 07)


Before Kappa Delta Semi Formal (12/06)




Aaron, Brent, Bob, and Bill - Little Rock (2006)



Rancho Cucamonga, California (Summer 06)





Signing autographs in San Antonio, Texas (Summer 06)



My brother, Johns, wedding (12/05).... cant you tell how much he loved spending time with me?

2 comments:

Abby

Yea! Love your blog! I get to stalk you now too! :)

Lindsay

If you need any help with HTML just let me know!

Post a Comment