CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our Engagement!



December 11, 2006 I finished my finals and headed back to Sugar Land for the Christmas break. Aaron was planning on meeting me there the next day and we were going to fly to Florida for a friends wedding that weekend. This was our first trip where we were actually going to fly together and I wasn't making a trip alone to visit Aaron somewhere, we were both super excited. On December 12th, my mom and dad took me to the airport in Houston to pick up Aaron who was flying in from Midland. When he got off the plane he was acting very strange. As usual my first thought was, "Oh no! Aaron's breaking up with me... and I really wanted to go to Florida!" (I have never been). I tried to hug him and he gave me a from the side friend hug. I tried to kiss him and he would give me a kiss your mom on the cheek kiss. I knew something was up but in my mind he had just realized he was crazy and had flown all the way to Houston to break up with me.

We finally got back to my parents house after what seemed like forever in the car. The whole drive, Aaron wouldn't hold my hand, wouldn't sit close to me... nothing. We hung out for a little bit and then headed upstairs to get ready for bed. Aaron was in his room "spending time with Caddie" and I was in my room trying to figure out what I was going to do since I obviously was getting broken up with. The next thing I knew Caddie wad running into my room with a maroon bandanna around her neck with Aaron close behind her. I sat down on the ground and was petting Caddie when she laid down and rolled onto her back. I then saw the most beautiful thing in the world... a gorgeous engagement ring hanging from the bandanna around Caddie's neck. When I looked up at Aaron he was down on his knee and asked me to marry him. He said some amazing things... I wish I hadn't been so excited and had actually listened to them... oops! I wish I had a better way with my words in that moment because my response to him was... "Shut Up!" Eventually I calmed down and was able to say YES YES YES! I ran downstairs to tell my parents. My Dad was in bed already and his response was... "That's nice." My Mom's response when I showed her my ring was... "Is that fake?" All the way around it was a wonderful night and I was thankful above all that I was not getting broken up with and was going to Florida still (only joking, I was thankful beyond any words that I was going to marry my best friend and the most amazing man in the world).

So, we went to Florida and had a fabulous time! Aaron bought me my first bridal magazines while we were at the airport, and we spent the whole trip calling friends to tell them the good news.The whole time I couldn't help but think that in one more year that was going to be us getting married with all our friends and family around us. Since baseball players have such a short amount of time between the end of the season and spring training starting again, pretty much all baseball couples will have their wedding anniversary during November and December. It made it easy to pick a date though, which was nice!I was so incredibly happy, I couldn't believe that things just kept getting better and better!


0 comments:

Post a Comment